BBQ chicken is a summer classic, but sometimes it can be a little messy to eat. When you’re at home with a roll of paper towels next to you and plenty of running water, this isn’t a problem. But when you’re out camping, managing messy food can be a bit more difficult. So what better way to enjoy BBQ chicken while keeping your fingers clean? Pizza cooked up on our PizzaDome.
For this recipe, we lightly tossed pre-cooked chicken in BBQ sauce and used a little extra to sauce the pizza. We then added the chicken plus a layer of mozzarella cheese. Finally, we topped with red onions and chopped cilantro.
When it came off of the BaseCamp, it smelled like a summer BBQ party on a pizza. So if you looking for some good BBQ flavor, but want to keep your hands clean while camping, this BBQ chicken pizza just might be the solution to all your problems.
See This Recipe In Action
BBQ Chicken Pizza (makes 1, 10" pizza)
- 8 oz. pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon each flour and cornmeal
- 4 oz. cooked chicken, shredded or chopped into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 oz. low moisture mozzarella, sliced or shredded
- ¼ cup sliced red onions
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the metal triangle base on your BaseCamp stove and set the pizza stone on top. Cover with the PizzaDome and preheat to at least 450.
- Dust your cutting board with the flour & cornmeal and roll out your dough into a 10” circle using a rolling pin or water bottle. Prick the dough all over with a fork (this prevents the dough from bubbling up too much while cooking).
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken with 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce and stir to coat.
- Top the pizza with the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken, red onions, and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the PizzaDome lid from the stove and carefully transfer the pizza to the pre-heated pizza stone. Cook above 450 for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from the stove, sprinkle the cilantro over the top, cut into slices and enjoy!